Elaine visits a variety of colleges and universities each year to offer guest lectures on taxes, budgeting, financial wellness, pricing strategies and more. She can work with you to determine the appropriate outcomes for her session and determine those that will best complement your existing curriculum.
She also works with career services, entrepreneurship, and student services departments at colleges and universities to provide financial programming for students and alumni to complement other services. In fact, offering just-in-time education – especially on financial topics – to alumni has been shown to be an excellent way for educational institutions to continue serving former students.
Contact Elaine to talk about your students’ needs.
- Juilliard’s Artist Diploma Program – Students enrolled in Juilliard’s AD program receive periodic group trainings with Elaine, plus one-on-one sessions to have personalized financial conversations.
- University of Arkansas Little Rock – UALR invited Elaine to visit for three workshops: One tailored for students in a capstone course, one offered for students enrolled in any creative major on campus, and the third open to the public.
- Juilliard’s Kovner Fellowship – Elaine visits with recipients of the prestigious Kovner Fellowship twice per year to cover relevant financial topics for musicians just beginning their careers.
- New England Conservatory’s EM Program – One of the first in the nation, NEC’s Entrepreneurial Musicianship program has been helping students build enterprises since its inception. Elaine joins the EM team in providing financial counseling to students each year.
- Cleveland Institute of Art – Elaine visits the senior capstone course for all artists and designers at CIA each year twice: Once to talk about financial wellness and launching a creative career, and the second time to talk about taxes.
- Oberlin College & Conservatory – Elaine has worked with the Career Development Center, the Conservatory’s Professional Development team, and Oberlin Global to bring financial content to students and alumni.
A number of colleges and universities also use Arts & Numbers as a text for professional practices courses, and Elaine offers an instructor guide, plus online resources from the book for instructors to use.