Tax Basics for Creative Entrepreneurs
If it is true that the only certain things in life are death and taxes, this workshop will make navigating one of those things considerably easier. We’ll review federal income tax basics for creative individuals, including common deductions claimed by creative entrepreneurs. We’ll also outline how the tax landscape changes based on the type of income an artist earns and highlight key aspects of tax law that impact financial wellness, including deducting interest for student loan payments and saving for retirement. By the end of this workshop, you’ll have enough information to navigate tax season with confidence – and maybe even a little glee.
After this workshop, learners will have a solid grasp of the U.S. Federal income tax system so they can navigate annual tax filings with ease.
To do that, we’ll:
- Identify ordinary and necessary deductions common to creative businesses. • Review the overall income tax landscape for common federal and state filings.
- Estimate tax obligations for future planning.
What You Get
- 9 Answers to the most common tax questions
- 14 Videos covering tax topics for creative entrepreneurs
- 1 Tax Calculator to estimate your own tax obligations
- Room to reflect on your own next steps
- Resources for further reading and an opportunity to follow up with Elaine
Who it's For
This course is best for folks who have income from a creative business and are curious about planning for taxes – this year and in the future.